An alga parasiting (only?) freshwater shrimps

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Stalker
Shrimp
Shrimp

An alga parasiting (only?) freshwater shrimps

Post by Stalker »

Hello.

I translated an article from my blog because I think it can interest all shrimp keeper. I post it here for tho reasons. First: I dont know why but I cant post anything in the general shrimp section. Second: I remember a case of Opae Ula with the same parasits so I think it's still supershrimp related.

An alga parasiting freshwater shrimps
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: An alga parasiting (only?) freshwater shrimps

Post by Mustafa »

Thanks for the post! So that's what it is...a type of algae. I've never seen any disease or parasite on Supershrimp, though, so I'd be interested in where you actually saw this parasite on them. The freshwater forum has been closed to new posts for months due to the fact that our focus here has become mostly Supershrimp over the years. I may open it up in the future again if things change.
MrsT
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by MrsT »

Interesting :!: Seem to thrive under swimmerets :shock:
Stalker
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Stalker »

Mustafa wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 pm Thanks for the post! So that's what it is...a type of algae. I've never seen any disease or parasite on Supershrimp, though, so I'd be interested in where you actually saw this parasite on them. The freshwater forum has been closed to new posts for months due to the fact that our focus here has become mostly Supershrimp over the years. I may open it up in the future again if things change.
It was probably on the "Halocaridina rubra in Deutschland" facebook group
Stalker
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Stalker »

Ha no, it was there, but pictures are gone
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5337&p=35509&hilit=disease#p35509
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Hmmm....I kinda remember that thread. I thought it was some debris stuck in their swimmerets. I guess we'll never find out as the pics are gone. :(