So what plants do your shrimp seem to really like?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

deliverme314
Egg
Egg

So what plants do your shrimp seem to really like?

Post by deliverme314 »

I only keep amanos and cherries in my 75 gal planted. But I have noticed that the two species enjoy hanging out and scavenging from diff plants.

My N.Deniculatas love java moss(big clump hidden in back corner for them to breed in.) and java fern (narrow leaf and regular) and my M.Quadrifolia where my C.Jarponica hang out on my baby tears (which I found odd that my cherries dont hang out and breed in...), on my crypt wendtii and on my hygro difformis.

Has any one else found their diff species enjoy scavenging from different plants than each other? Or are mine just odd?
chris91jones

Post by chris91jones »

THEY LIK A CERTAIN APON PLANT
chris91jones

Post by chris91jones »

sorry i miss understood your question. i have accidentally recieved an amano in a wal-mart purchase. walmart doesnt even sell them? how is this possibble? reply please
51Cornell
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by 51Cornell »

right now we only have Taiwan blues, bumblebees and maybe some bee shirmp (and scuds and daphnia, other "pods). They all seem to like all the plants, dead oakleaves, twigs, etc. They scour everything all the time, sometimes you see them in the floating mass at the water's surface; other times they'll be picking up microscopic stuff off the hair grass. I assume they use the java moss to hid in when molting (and hopefully babies will magically appear there someday). In general, we've just been putting our sleazy (algae riddled) plants in the shrimp tank so there's no order or design to the plants in there.