Im so impatient

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

skylorvivo88
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Im so impatient

Post by skylorvivo88 »

lolol i set up my tank yesterday and now the waiting game starts. :(((((((((((((((
Varanus
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: Im so impatient

Post by Varanus »

I know the feeling but I don't think this warranted its own topic.
skylorvivo88
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by skylorvivo88 »

is there anything you guys do in the process of waiting? that could help? how long before do you put the snails and macroalgae?
Kcirrem
Egg
Egg

Post by Kcirrem »

Macroalgae can be added immediately. For snails you should wait at least a week before adding!
skylorvivo88
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by skylorvivo88 »

O ok perfect. Did it take you guys about a month to see the algae? Rite now the water is a little cloud and there's lots of bubbles
crittersni
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by crittersni »

It does feel like a long wait, but it will be good.

Last month (6/2) I saw my first larvae. Now I have little ones, but don't know how many. I'm waiting for them to be big enough to come out of hiding. I just catch a glimpse now and then. It still is a lot of waiting. Waiting for a berried shrimp. Waiting for them to hatch. Waiting for them to grow...

I have other berried shrimp now, and I'm still waiting anxiously. I've seen some "bobbers" (I call new larvae that until they become "swimmers,") for a couple of days and I'm waiting for more to show up.

Welcome to many long, happy, frustrating waits!! I am so happy I started. You will be, too!!
skylorvivo88
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by skylorvivo88 »

Thank you! I would love to see some pics of your setup :)
crittersni
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by crittersni »

You're welcome. My tank is not one of the lovely natural ones many have. I set up colorful (gaudy) decorations of traditional fish tanks. There are lots of places to hide, so they felt comfortable quickly. I wish the little ones weren't so good at hiding! But I know they need that security, and I get glimpses.
Tank
Tank
New larva
New larva
20180629_230306.jpg
skylorvivo88
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by skylorvivo88 »

Looks super cool! love the colors :)
crittersni
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by crittersni »

New pic today. Enlarge the specks. A bunch of new larvae!!
20180705_222041.jpg
Camaroncito
Egg
Egg

Post by Camaroncito »

I have been lurking for a while, but decided to finally join in. My advice is... Don’t be too impatient! The wait to set up the tank initially is worth it and I followed Mustafa’s excellent instructions. I set up my initial tank in mid-January 2018, waited for about 8 weeks and ordered the snails as well as the first moss ball in March, then got some shrimp a bit later - first 15 then 20 more. In less than a month, I had 3-4 berried females and now have had babies for about two weeks! I am sure I have doubled my initial crew at this stage... and there are still more two berried females to go. :D Now my hubby wants some :)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Camaroncito wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:32 am I have been lurking for a while, but decided to finally join in. My advice is... Don’t be too impatient! The wait to set up the tank initially is worth it and I followed Mustafa’s excellent instructions. I set up my initial tank in mid-January 2018, waited for about 8 weeks and ordered the snails as well as the first moss ball in March, then got some shrimp a bit later - first 15 then 20 more. In less than a month, I had 3-4 berried females and now have had babies for about two weeks! I am sure I have doubled my initial crew at this stage... and there are still more two berried females to go. :D Now my hubby wants some :)
Great to hear! Congrats! :)