I need help with decorations.

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Ngohoangtuan2
Egg
Egg

I need help with decorations.

Post by Ngohoangtuan2 »

Hi,

I just transferred my shrimps to new 1 gallon tank. I want to put some type of decorations in for my shrimps to clamp up there. Does anyone have any ideals what can I put in my tank.

SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: I need help with decorations.

Post by SuperProofer »

Lots of things: shells, lava rock, holey rock, coral pieces or barnacles, aquarium safe decorations, sea fans or fake plants. I'm looking at getting some saw-cut shells for my next tank (where you can see the cross section of the shell).
sabbylina
Larva
Larva

Post by sabbylina »

You for sure want some shells or rocks like lava rock that can act as a pH buffer. Other than that you want things for them to climb onto and hide in. Like they stated above: fake plants, rocks, shells etc.
Ula Hula
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Ula Hula »

I suggest piling up some lava rocks to create some crevices and little tunnels for them to hang out in -- the shrimp seem to appreciate the option of getting out of bright light. Also put some form of calcium carbonate in there to buffer the water (eggshells work -- you can make a little half eggshell "house" for them). I've also got some seashells that act as tiny shrimp "houses." :) In addition, I put some sea glass and old marbles in my tank just because I like glass, and the snails and shrimp seem to like to eat the algae off of them.