Starvation Prevention

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

mike.d
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Starvation Prevention

Post by mike.d »

Thanks Vorteil. That's good info. I don't have any macroalgae, but my tank has a ton of regular brackish algae. I might try it anyway just to see if it hurts anything.
Vorteil
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Vorteil »

Do you have pics of the brackish algae?

CLARIFICATION
Keep in mind that I did NOT add the miracle grow directly to the tanks that have opae in them. I completely removed the algae first to a separate bucket all by itself.
mike.d
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by mike.d »

No clarification needed. I understood that you took out the macroalgae, treated with Miracle Gro, rinsed, and returned to the tank.

I was just saying I feel like trying a few drops in my tank to see if it hurts anything. I don't have pics of the current algae levels, but I'll take some and post. Basically, I have a coating of green puffy algae on my lava rocks and substrate. It almost looks like mini marimo if marimo were less than 1 cm in diameter. This is despite having 3 nerites and too many to count MTS. The nerites keep the glass clean and that's all I care about.

Here's a pic:
algae.jpg
It's not the greatest, but you can see the algae I'm talking about. This is a 10 gallon tank with lava rock decor and aragonite substrate.
Vorteil
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Vorteil »

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing you tank pic. I think I have a similar puffy alage in mine. Mine a lime color not as dark green as yours. Please see pics below.
IMG_1749.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG