Has anyone seen...

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Has anyone seen...

Post by SuperProofer »

A shrimp picking very aggressively at the decor?

Normally, my shrimps go about their business just lightly picking away at the sand and decor munching happily. But lately, I have one shrimp that gets on the sea fan and just yanks on it for all he's worth. He bounces around and looks like he's doing push ups. The twigs of the sea fan actually move when he does it. It's like he just drank a whole gallon of pre-work out and is yelling "Yeaaaah, bro! Let's do this!! Woooo!" Other than that, he seems perfectly fine. It's kinda funny to watch, actually.
Varanus
Senior Shrimp Master
Senior Shrimp Master

Re: Has anyone seen...

Post by Varanus »

Can't say I've seen anything like that myself, I can only assume something about or on the sea fan is very interesting/tasty to that particular shrimp. :?
mike.d
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by mike.d »

SuperProofer wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:15 pm It's like he just drank a whole gallon of pre-work out and is yelling "Yeaaaah, bro! Let's do this!! Woooo!"
This made me LOL.
SuperProofer
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by SuperProofer »

:lol:
sliphorn
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by sliphorn »

SuperProofer wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:15 pm A shrimp picking very aggressively at the decor?

Normally, my shrimps go about their business just lightly picking away at the sand and decor munching happily. But lately, I have one shrimp that gets on the sea fan and just yanks on it for all he's worth. He bounces around and looks like he's doing push ups. The twigs of the sea fan actually move when he does it. It's like he just drank a whole gallon of pre-work out and is yelling "Yeaaaah, bro! Let's do this!! Woooo!" Other than that, he seems perfectly fine. It's kinda funny to watch, actually.
====

I don't have a sea fan but in the last month or so I have seen a couple of my shrimp pick up small pieces of aragonite and swim around with them. They'll do this for several seconds at a time, then they drop it and pick up another piece and do the same thing. Interesting creatures they are.

-----