New Tank/Habitat!!!

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

hiseabird
Egg
Egg

New Tank/Habitat!!!

Post by hiseabird »

I'm so excited that my upgraded tank is up and running! Thanks to those of you who gave advice on the weird stringy slime I had in the first week or so after initial setup. As you predicted - it went away after about a day. I added rocks and coral, and ~1 week later had some good algae growth going.

It's a little over 2 weeks from when I set up this new 5 gal tank - I think the macroalgae and water that I ended up adding from my first tank really helped it cycle without the huge brown algae bloom I had in my first tank. Today, it was time for shrimp! I think I moved maybe ~40-50 from the original 2.7gal tank. (Also pictured - the one with the large single coral piece as decor.)

I can't wait to see how they like their bigger home - hopefully more babies will ensue soon! These all started from 20 shrimp from Mustafa in Jan 2017. 8)
Attachments
IMG_8907.jpeg
IMG_8931.jpeg
IMG_8930.jpeg
Zlatan2601
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: New Tank/Habitat!!!

Post by Zlatan2601 »

Two very nice tanks!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: New Tank/Habitat!!!

Post by Mustafa »

Awesome! I'm always happy to hear about successfully reproducing shrimp populations! I hope, in time, you'll have a few hundred shrimp in your second tank too! :)