Moving Shrimp?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Super Jess
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: Moving Shrimp?

Post by Super Jess »

I'm sorry you lost your shrimp :( I hope the survivors continue to thrive!

What are the grass and marimo balls you mentioned? Did you purchase them from this site? If not, you should remove them because they will slowly break down and poison your tank.

10 of the snails sold here are not too many for a one gallon tank. They are very small, and will self-regulate their population depending on available resources. They burrow into the substrate, so you probably won't see them all at once anyway.
nightsmusic
Egg
Egg

Post by nightsmusic »

Super Jess wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:29 am I'm sorry you lost your shrimp :( I hope the survivors continue to thrive!

What are the grass and marimo balls you mentioned? Did you purchase them from this site? If not, you should remove them because they will slowly break down and poison your tank.

10 of the snails sold here are not too many for a one gallon tank. They are very small, and will self-regulate their population depending on available resources. They burrow into the substrate, so you probably won't see them all at once anyway.
Thank you. I'd like to see some berries on any of the ones left but so far, nothing.

The hair grass and marimo came from Aquatic Arts who I order a lot from. I've used both in the past in brackish water so I know they'll be fine. :)

Ten snails that are a-sexual and reproduce at will makes me nervous. I've dealt with that before. I'd rather not again, so I'll do some more research :)
sabbylina
Larva
Larva

Post by sabbylina »

You probably didn't let the new tank sit long enough before you transferred them over. Did you transfer some of the old water too?
nightsmusic
Egg
Egg

Post by nightsmusic »

sabbylina wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:57 pm You probably didn't let the new tank sit long enough before you transferred them over. Did you transfer some of the old water too?
Yes, though another poster in this thread said I should be good to go right away, I let the container sit for a week and I transferred most of the water from the old tank when I moved them. I mixed the solution in a separate container.