Shrimpies looking for a new home (Boston, MA)

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

marianne
Larva
Larva

Shrimpies looking for a new home (Boston, MA)

Post by marianne »

Hi all :smt006

After several years in the US, I am going back to Europe this Spring.
I am looking for a person to adopt my shrimps, coming with all the accessoiries I have if needed.

They currently live in a 2.6-gallon tank, the system has been very stable with little visible algea. They are mostly red or red with large white stripe, I have also transiently spotted two individuals with yellowish coloration (I made a post about that a while ago). For 2 years they have shown an active reproductive period from roughly May to October, with several berried females visible at all times. Maybe 50 or 75 individuals ? It's hard to know, there are tons of hiding spots (including a porous ceramic cube, I'd recommend, they love to hide there) in the tank and they have made *so many* babies.
I don't know exactly how the transfer would work, but I can rent a car and bring them (if you are not in a densely populated area.. I suck at driving) or you can come take them and I will help as much as I can (like preparing things for transfer, help to carry, etc). I live very close to Boston in Massachusetts.
I am anxious to find them a new home, so any question is welcome, and we can discuss further how to make the transfer
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-30 at 2.05.12 PM.jpeg
P3290037.JPG
P2280033.JPG
JennyPenny
Shrimp
Shrimp

Re: Shrimpies looking for a new home (Boston, MA)

Post by JennyPenny »

I sent you a message but figured I would respond here too in case you missed the pm.
I live pretty far away from you, but if you are not able to find a local seller, I would happily adopt your shrimp, although it would involve shipping them to me. I hope you can find someone closer though as it would be much easier on them to arrange a local pickup.
Bluemonk
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Bluemonk »

When I try to send messages 1-to-1 they get stuck in outbox but I was saying I can take some too and cover postage to New Jersey.
DieselWeasel
Egg
Egg

Post by DieselWeasel »

Hello! I live down near New Bedford and I'm crazy for Opae Ula. I think they're just the coolest critters. I have a 2.5g I set up last March with 15 adults and I currently have around 5-10 babies. I've had some of the shrimp 4 years. I would absolutely love to give your little ones a home. I recently gave away a 5g so I have and open spot on my counter that'd be perfect. I actually stumbled across this post while searching for baby raising tips!
Attachments
20200408_151446.jpg
20201220_140555.jpg
20210121_140131.jpg