How to best introduce new brackish snails to my shrimp bowl…

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

sweetsiren
Egg
Egg

How to best introduce new brackish snails to my shrimp bowl…

Post by sweetsiren »

I couldn’t find any specific instructions to putting my new snails in my established tank. Do I a) pour a little tank water into the plastic bag bit by bit, b) put one snail in and wait to see if he survives, or c) let the bag float in the bowl for a few hours before dumping them all in?
image.jpg
sliphorn
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Re: How to best introduce new brackish snails to my shrimp bowl…

Post by sliphorn »

sweetsiren wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:15 pm I couldn’t find any specific instructions to putting my new snails in my established tank. Do I a) pour a little tank water into the plastic bag bit by bit, b) put one snail in and wait to see if he survives, or c) let the bag float in the bowl for a few hours before dumping them all in?
image.jpg
Dump them in.
helgi
Egg
Egg

Re: How to best introduce new brackish snails to my shrimp bowl…

Post by helgi »

I put nerites from a fresh water tank on floating peace of foam with thought that if they don't want to go into the water they will stay on the foam
All of them immediately "ran" under the surface, no any doubts. Since then (about 6 months ago) all of them still alive and crawling in the brackish tank.