Hello from Singapore

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Enzo
Egg
Egg

Hello from Singapore

Post by Enzo »

My 10L tank 3.5 weeks into cycling. Added the shrimps in with a horned nerite snail in there for 1 week
Enzo
Egg
Egg

Re: Hello from Singapore

Post by Enzo »

Attched
Attachments
20180722_130049.jpg
Enzo
Egg
Egg

Post by Enzo »

Poor photo here but 2 months in the tank.. first berried shrimp
Attachments
CM180731-182132002.jpg
skylorvivo88
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by skylorvivo88 »

looks awsome! keep up the good work and keep us updated :)
Enzo
Egg
Egg

Post by Enzo »

Thx.. looks like some eggs were dropped. Counted 8 previously, got lesser now
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Welcome to the forum! :)
Enzo
Egg
Egg

Post by Enzo »

Mommy shrimp dropped most of the egg leaving with only 2. Now i cant find it, either it lost all of it or hiding somewhere.

On the other tank, i had 1 death for some reason. The rest are doing ok 2 weeks on after the 1st death. Still monitoring
Enzo
Egg
Egg

Post by Enzo »

Another fatality.. youngest shrimp is gone. Looks like i better do a 80% water change
Enzo
Egg
Egg

Post by Enzo »

It's been 4 years. My shrimp population never really grow for the past 4 years and it went down from 15 to around 7 or 8 after a year.

Hasn't been touching the tank for a long time and now the surface had loads of algae but I left it be.

To my surprise recently I saw small dots floating near the surface. Upon closer look,it was baby shrimps.. after 4 years, it finally happened.

Looks like 2nd batch of babies as I saw mid size n baby sized around
sliphorn
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by sliphorn »

Enzo wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:35 am It's been 4 years. My shrimp population never really grow for the past 4 years and it went down from 15 to around 7 or 8 after a year.

Hasn't been touching the tank for a long time and now the surface had loads of algae but I left it be.

To my surprise recently I saw small dots floating near the surface. Upon closer look,it was baby shrimps.. after 4 years, it finally happened.

Looks like 2nd batch of babies as I saw mid size n baby sized around
Nice surprise! Maybe 2023 will be a bumper crop.
Enzo
Egg
Egg

Post by Enzo »

I hope so. I almost thought of buying new batch of shrimps cos my ones were not reproducing and the tank is huge.
robokirk
Egg
Egg

Post by robokirk »

The shrimp are like cats, if you try to get them to do anything they refuse to do it (like breed) but if you leave them alone they suddenly are great at it.
helgi
Egg
Egg

Post by helgi »

Hi from Singapore

My ~7 month old setup, got at least 2 batches of larvae and now they are hiding somewhere
20230102_133504.jpg
Enzo
Egg
Egg

Post by Enzo »

currently my 2nd batch of floaters are turning into tiny shrimps but i onli managed to see 3 as compared to the 8 floaters. Not sure if they are hiding or didnt make it.

I have 2 new berried shrimps in my large tank.
I have 1 berried shrimp in the small tank which only had 3 shrimps. Can see that its still inexperience, the egg are mostly dropped leaving 2 of them between her legs.

Am planning to add in horned nerite snail to the smaller tank as it is very very dirty now.

The bigger one has 1 big old guy cleaning up, I suppose it should be near to the end of its life, planning to add another small one in.

My previous experience with adding the horned nerite snail in has never been successful, all of them died not long after adding in but the shrimps and the old snail seems to survive well.

Trying to slowly drip the tank water into the newly bought snails water bag b4 dropping them in this time.
Enzo
Egg
Egg

Post by Enzo »

After dripping the water from tank into the bag containing the snails over 6 hrs, I dropped the snail into the tank. After few hours they haven moved at all. Wondering if they will make it.