Snails dead, but shrimp are fine.

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

mikiec9317
Egg
Egg

Snails dead, but shrimp are fine.

Post by mikiec9317 »

I put the snails and shrimp in the tank about the same time, r roughly a week ago. The snails were very active, clinging to the glass and moving around surprisingly fast. Today I noticed I don't see one snail moving. (I had 10). My shrimp seem to be unaffected and ate behaving normal. Any idea what could have happened?
Rudiarose
Egg
Egg

Re: Snails dead, but shrimp are fine.

Post by Rudiarose »

Were did you get the snails?
mikiec9317
Egg
Egg

Post by mikiec9317 »

I got all my stuff from this website. The snails were doing great for a week. I don't know what happened. The shrimp seem very active.
Harry
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Harry »

Sometimes they just lay there for days, and then they are back in action. Are you quite sure they are dead?
mikiec9317
Egg
Egg

Post by mikiec9317 »

Well, I'm not. I have my tank in my office At work. The snails have been very active since i got them. Friday they were running around doing their thing. When i came back monday, not one of them was Moving
sliphorn
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by sliphorn »

Harry wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:51 pm Sometimes they just lay there for days, and then they are back in action. Are you quite sure they are dead?
Correct.
Super Jess
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Super Jess »

Best way is to check them at night for activity since they are largely nocturnal. Not sure if you can do that in your office, but I see maybe three during the day and about 50 running around after dark in my tanks.