Thank You! Ecosphere Rescue Story

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

mumblesbot
Egg
Egg

Thank You! Ecosphere Rescue Story

Post by mumblesbot »

Just wanted to say thank you to Pet Shrimp and this forum for saving the lives of my three little shrimps! Two years ago I went into an aquarium store to ask a clerk there how to build a tank for these guys. He told me I would kill them if I tried and to just let them die in there. I went home feeling awful....then late one night a month ago I thought to look into it again. Something told me that it just wasn't right! I found you lovely people and the easy to set up supplies and now my shrimp are happily swimming around in a 3 gallon tank. Once the weather is nicer, I plan on getting them some snails and more shrimp friends :-D

Here's what I did:
Bought shrimp salt, rocks, algae, 3 gallon tank, distilled water, calcium
cycled tank for 2 weeks (which is probably longer than I needed but oh well)
day of transfer, I got a water dropper and took some water out of the ecosphere and added some from the new tank. Did this a few times across the day.
Finally, I dumped the ecosphere in and then sank it to the bottom of the tank until they all swam out. I put some of the healthy algae they had in the sphere into the tank, too.

Now they are happily swimming, hiding, and eating :) You can save your shrimps, too!!
Ula Hula
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Thank You! Ecosphere Rescue Story

Post by Ula Hula »

Hooray! Good for you for doing the research to save them.