Opae ula not eating spirulina powder after 3 hours of it sitting on the surface?

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

darth1211
Egg
Egg

Opae ula not eating spirulina powder after 3 hours of it sitting on the surface?

Post by darth1211 »

Hello! I recently upgraded my shrimp to a bigger jar, and now it's been 3 weeks after introducing them to the new jar. I was going to feed them spirulina powder. So once I poured in the spirulina powder 1/4 the size of rice in they haven't eating it after minutes. So I waited another 3 hours, but no sign of shrimp eating it. There's lots of daitoms in the jar, and I was wondering if they're just distracted on eating that instead of the spirulina powder. Should I just remove the spirulina powder? Or just wait?
darth1211
Egg
Egg

Re: Opae ula not eating spirulina powder after 3 hours of it sitting on the surface?

Post by darth1211 »

I was also wondering if I put too little spirulina powder in. I have over 30 opae ula
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Opae ula not eating spirulina powder after 3 hours of it sitting on the surface?

Post by Mustafa »

Don't put any food in there...probably for months. If you see algae growth in there, they have enough to eat. The fact that they don't go for the spirulina means that you are overfeeding and the tank has enough to eat for them.