I'm new to this forum

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

wheezo
Larva
Larva

Post by wheezo »

I was thinking about keeping Mosquito Rasboras with them. Do you think they can eat the babies? They get about 3/4" full grown. Boraras Brigittae is the scientific name I believe.
Jackie
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Jackie »

obi1 wrote:First I apologize for my english because i'm Romanian
Your English is OK, no need to worry :D
Jackie
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Jackie »

obi1 wrote: whant to ask you wich plants i should use except Java moss wich will be on a wood of Mopan (i like to put something to make gazon)
Try making a new thread, this one is mainly for saying "Hello" - people might miss your plant question.

I use microsorium, Java moss and bolbitis, they are all fine for shrimp and don't really need much light or fertilizers. Avoid anubias and cryptocorynes as thet might be deadly to shrimp. Their juices contain oxalate. This still is not confirmed info, but it is better to be on the safe side.
obi1
Egg
Egg

Post by obi1 »

Thanks Jackie.
retardo
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by retardo »

Jackie wrote: Avoid anubias and cryptocorynes as thet might be deadly to shrimp. Their juices contain oxalate. This still is not confirmed info, but it is better to be on the safe side.
i've read this a lot, but i don't know if there's any truth to it. i have a crypt spiralis in my tank that has been sending out new plants, while the parent plant seems to be in a mode of decline. some of the leaves seem to be in slow-rot mode and i've seen my amanos and other varieties (e.g., rainbows) nibble at the rotting parts. i would imagine if the oxalate were poisonous, the shrimp would be dead. just my exp. ymmv.
Cajunspice
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Cajunspice »

reallli??? i have crypts in my shrimp tank... about 5 of them... should i remove them??