new here with babies

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

nlknight
Egg
Egg

new here with babies

Post by nlknight »

hello, i have ghost shrimp babies and no iea how to take care of them :smt102 any help would be great ty nikki
BlueEL
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: new here with babies

Post by BlueEL »

Crush some flakes using a plastic bag and dip it in the water using a toothpick. Remember dont overfeed or it will polluted the water and then kill the babies. If you have green water, it can be used as food.
After approx. 5-7 days, you can see babies walk like normal shrimps instead of free floating.

Good luck!
nlknight wrote:hello, i have ghost shrimp babies and no iea how to take care of them :smt102 any help would be great ty nikki
retardo
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by retardo »

how is your tank set up? if u have java moss and/or riccia in there, the baby ghost shrimp should be able to forage for food on their own. with enuff lighting and good water conditions, micro algae should form on the surfaces of your tank and any decorations, plants, etc. this should be a good source of food. if not, u can supplement with fish food, which they will happily eat.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

retardo wrote:how is your tank set up? if u have java moss and/or riccia in there, the baby ghost shrimp should be able to forage for food on their own. with enuff lighting and good water conditions, micro algae should form on the surfaces of your tank and any decorations, plants, etc. this should be a good source of food. if not, u can supplement with fish food, which they will happily eat.
"Retardo,"

Palaemonetes paludosus ("ghost shrimp") hatchlings don't forage...they are larvae and hunt in the water column for microorgranisms (and flake food if they fooled into eating it). So your advice in this case won't be of any use.
retardo
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by retardo »

ok, so i'm wrong. i can admit when i'm wrong.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

retardo wrote:ok, so i'm wrong. i can admit when i'm wrong.
I don't have a problem with that, just pointing out the facts. :) Everyone can be wrong. We all learn by being wrong first. The problem comes in when people disseminate information that is clearly wrong or information that they are not sure about and still try to present as correct information.