My Shrimp Setup.

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Florian,

You misunderstood everything we said. We're not talking about bumblebee-crystal red hybrids. We're talking about bee shrimp-crystal red crosses, which are all the same species.

In case you had some problems with the english common names:

bumblebee shrimp = Hummelgarnele
bee shrimp = Bienengarnele

I don't know of any verified crosses between Bumblebees and any of the Caridina serrata group of animals (such as bee shrimp, crystal reds, tigers etc.). On the other hand...I can personally verify the results Janis and I theorized about since I have Crystal Red-Bee Shrimp crosses swimming in one of tanks right now, which are all black and which produced the ratio of black and red offspring that Mendel's theory predicted.

And yes...it's *that* easy when it comes to bee shrimp and crystal reds, which are just color variations of one and the same species.

Mustafa
Polypterus
Larva
Larva

Post by Polypterus »

Oki, Sorry, :oops: that's not so complicate. Just last year there had been in Germany some dicussion about bumblebee shrimp and Red Crystal crossing. Some people say they gonna do , some people think they wouldn't do.
Although, the bee shrimp on the photos above look mostly black-white and less orange, mine look more like orange-black-white.