Hi! and my tanks

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

fishfry
Egg
Egg

Hi! and my tanks

Post by fishfry »

Hi all!

I am new here so I thought I would post my tanks that have shrimp in them.

My main tank is 20 gallons and has an assortment of plants. It has amano and crystal red shrimp. Water quality is ~1.5 kH and 6.2 pH. I use RO water also.

My "shrimp tank" has a lot of moss and algae. It is 26 gallons and I use RO water also. There are no fish, just cherry red shrimps and crystal red shrimps.

Can anyone tell me if it is true that when cherrys get a golden line on their back they will soon get eggs?

Thanks!
Ethan
Pigheaddd
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Pigheaddd »

hey E,

good to see you here. nice tanks and shrimps. :lol: you lucky to have chance to have those crystals. sigh! i've been looking for them 1.5 years already. :roll:

hehe... let me try if my pix work... my turn...

Tim

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Hi! and my tanks

Post by Mustafa »

Hi Ethan,

Welcome! You have a truly beautiful planted tank there! Respect! The Red Cherries do not get a golden line on the back. It's more of a yellow spot on the neck, which are basically the ovaries of the shrimp. Those are eggs in "pre-development".

Take care,
Mustafa

fishfry wrote:
Can anyone tell me if it is true that when cherrys get a golden line on their back they will soon get eggs?

Thanks!
Ethan
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Hey Tim,

Very nice pictures! :)

Mustafa
zacasonapan
Larva
Larva

Post by zacasonapan »

The yellow behind the head goes about half ways down the body right Mustafa? I had 4 red cherries with the yellow sack but they seem to have lost it :? Did mine abort or does the yellow disappear as the true eggs start to form?

By the way nice tanks guys :) I can't seem to figure out how to put up my tank pics. I'm a computer dummy :oops:
fishfry
Egg
Egg

Post by fishfry »

Thanks for the coments guys. Hi Pete and Tim! Nice to meet you Mustafa.
zacasonapan
Larva
Larva

Post by zacasonapan »

Glad you joined up Ethan. I just read your email and learned you're fishfry :lol:

Pete
Piscesgirl
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Piscesgirl »

Very nice tanks/pictures/shrimp!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Hi Pete,

Yes, the yellow goes about halfways down the body but becomes thinner. Could it be that you have no males in your tank? The yellow behind the "neck" only disappears when the shrimp is carrying eggs. However, when the eggs are infertile, the shrimp discards them.

Also, if you want to post images here, you need to upload your images somewhere else first and then use the [IMG] function to post them here. The [IMG] funtion is a button on the posting screen here in the forum.

Take care,
Mustafa
zacasonapan wrote:The yellow behind the head goes about half ways down the body right Mustafa? I had 4 red cherries with the yellow sack but they seem to have lost it :? Did mine abort or does the yellow disappear as the true eggs start to form?

By the way nice tanks guys :) I can't seem to figure out how to put up my tank pics. I'm a computer dummy :oops:
zacasonapan
Larva
Larva

Post by zacasonapan »

Lets see if I can post an image of my tank......

Didn't work
Last edited by zacasonapan on Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zacasonapan
Larva
Larva

Post by zacasonapan »

Doh!!!! :oops:
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Did you store the image somewhere online first? It won't work if you are trying to "link" an image that is still on your computer's harddrive.

Mustafa
zacasonapan
Larva
Larva

Post by zacasonapan »

Petshrimp.com wrote:Did you store the image somewhere online first? It won't work if you are trying to "link" an image that is still on your computer's harddrive.

Mustafa
Where is a good place to store my images online?

Thanks
Pete
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Hi Pete!

Your Internet Service Provider should have given you some web space with your account. They usually give you about 10MB. You can store pictures there. Or, you can go to http://photos.yahoo.com and start a free account there. Your ISP web space is the best solution, though.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Mustafa