Germany

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

scrimp

Germany

Post by scrimp »

Are freshwater shrimp easy to find in germany. I noticed that most of the sites are in japanese and german. So where in germany are all the places one could go to get shrimp. Ill be there in a few weeks and would like to stop and see if I can buy some. Anyone know about what to do, to go about doing thing and how to get them back to the states?
ben
Egg
Egg

Post by ben »

you should try http://www.wirbellose.de

also try a google search .... i'm sure you can get some shrimps in germany

greetz from belgium
Hanzo
Egg
Egg

Post by Hanzo »

I live in norway, and usually the only shrimp you can find is the Amano, and in some rare cases ghost shrimp.

But norwegian stores can order me red cherry, tiger, red-nose, bubblebe and wood shrimp. Guess that's the way to go unless you get really lucky!
ben
Egg
Egg

Post by ben »

what i could recommend you is "the german yellow pages"

http://www.gelbeseiten.de/yp/quick.yp

enter "aquarium" and the city or region you're staying ..... and check it out.

with some luck they have e-mail and you can contact them in advance ....

greetz
B
scrimp

Post by scrimp »

My german isnt very good, my italians better. Ill still give it a try when I go. I was just hoping someone knew of some shops that they know to have a good selection and could give me an address. Ill just have to try contacting one of their local fish groups I guess and see if someone can help me that way. Thanks so much though.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

I left Germany in 1995 so I could not help you. I only know private shrimp breeders in Germany, but their English is non-existent ;) Just stop by any fish store you see and try your luck.

Take care,
Mustafa
scrimp

Post by scrimp »

Would your breeder friends happen to sell to any shops I could visit? Or point me in any direction. I would love to attend a real european fish auction. I went to one in Australia it was amazing! Im not sure they have them in Germany but I know they have them here in California.