Ephemeral Pool inverts

This forum is read-only.
iturnrocks
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by iturnrocks »

badflash wrote:iturnrocks-

Please review the forum rules and go back & edit out the for sale stuff before you get on Mustafa's bad side.
Where are these "forum rules"?

All I could find is dont post advertisements
iturnrocks
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by iturnrocks »

badflash wrote:iturnrocks-
Selling in the forum just plain isn't allowed, and putting links into where to buy stuff isn't allowed either. Anything like that needs to be done via PM.
Just to be clear, putting links into where to buy stuff, doesnt include the link you have under every post as your homepage, right?

I dont sell anything on my home page, but just curious
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Having a link to your home page, then selling from there is OK. Just no selling in the forum or links to commercial sites.

I could have sworn there was a sticky, but it may just be on the agreement you blew by when you signed up.

Mustafa, where the heck are the rules, or do you just get them by sitting around the camp fire or getting chewed out?
iturnrocks
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by iturnrocks »

badflash wrote: I could have sworn there was a sticky, but it may just be on the agreement you blew by when you signed up.
I didnt blow by, I even saved a copy.

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 13 years of age

I Agree to these terms and am under 13 years of age

I do not agree to these terms
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

iturnrocks wrote:My forum, where you dont get banned for anything

http://deleted.forum.website.address
Was that really necessary? :roll: Coming here and advertising your own forum and implying that it's better as you won't get banned is not what I would consider a great way to start out in a forum like this. In online circles that would be considered extremely rude actually. Hence, in this special case I will have to delete both your link to the forum and the website address in your signature since I have a sneaking suspicion that my forum is being "abused" to gain more exposure. I actually had no problem with what you did until you offered things for sale, advertised for your forum and implied that it's better, which, in turn implies that this forum is not good for one or several reasons.

The rule against selling or inquiring about buying animals is right at the forum front page. It's in the description for the shrimp forum, but it should be obvious that it applies to all other sub-forums as well. The stickies in the shrimp forum also apply to all other sub-forums.

However, to make it really obvious, I will make a rules section. This way everything will be in one place and there won't be an excuse for anyone not to read it.

By the way, there was no reason to delete the pictures altogether. There was only one picture that stretched the forum and using any basic image processing program would have allowed you to resize it. Now this whole thread makes no sense without the pictures.
demented_lullaby
Larva
Larva

Post by demented_lullaby »

I want pictures >_<
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Let's ask iturnrocks to post them up again, they were nice pics!
iturnrocks
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by iturnrocks »

Moina at 60x

Predacious Diving Beetle larva

fairy shrimp (Branchinecta gigas) The Giant Fairy Shrimp

1 day old Fairy Shrimp nauplii at 200x

Beavertail Fairy Shrimp

Tadpole Shrimp (Triops)

Wild caught Triops

Triops molts

Triops nauplii 60x
Image[/url]
Preserved Triops with eggs
[url=http://www.iturnrocks.com/]

Ostracod (seed shrimp) 200x

60x

Last edited by iturnrocks on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

iturnrocks wrote:I dont mean to pout, but if I dont get my signature back, Im outta here
But you *are* pouting, for no reason at that. How hard is it just to participate and share without complaining about the forum, my actions etc. after just a handful of posts? I don't respond to "threats" well. :evil: You can stay or you can go as you please, no need to announce it in a public thread. I have disabled signatures for *everyone*, not just you. You are not being singled out. You are an adult person, so make your own decisions.
iturnrocks
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by iturnrocks »

Mustafa wrote: I have disabled signatures for *everyone*, not just you. You are not being singled out.
Oh, well thats different, I thot it was just me. I can go with the flow.

deleted.website.address
deleted.animated.daphnia.picture
iturnrocks
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by iturnrocks »

I guess im just a little on edge after being banned from pethobbyist forums for something completely different.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Ok..I guess I'll have to make myself clear. You just don't seem to want to cooperate, but instead try to "work around" perceived "barriers" and still get things your way. There is a "website" button under all your posts that people can click to get to your website. No need to keep posting it here with every post you make, just to make up for a lack of signature.

Also, one of the reasons (among others) I have turned off signatures is so that people don't keep posting pictures in their signatures taking up unnecessary bandwidth. Someone can post 10 times in a thread and then the same picture loads TEN times on the same page. Yet, you still post the picture of the animated daphnia along with your website address. I have disabled the signatures for a good reason, no need to try to "cheat" the system by posting your former signature with EVERY post you make. I have deleted your address and picture from the above post.

I also don't want people to join the forum to PRIMARILY advertise their websites. That's counterproductive and does *not* foster exchange of information and communication, as doing that would show that your purpose of becoming a member here is not primarily communication and sharing (THE purpose of the forum) but advertising.

You have already shown less than appreciation for this forum and the fact that I have accommodated you and your interest in vernal pool invertebrates, going as far as establishing a whole new sub-forum for your interest. I am just not willing to go along with this refusal to "integrate" into this forum and cooperate. Hence, I am giving you a formal warning. If I encounter any more "disturbing" behavior, you will be banned immediately and without further warnings.
iturnrocks
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by iturnrocks »

I just wanted to share. Nothing more. I dont sell anything on my website, and I dont provide any useful information whatsoever. I just take pics sometimes, thats about it. Most of my website is about reptiles and amphibians, inverts is just a side note, but that is probly because there arent many people into vernal pool inverts in Kansas. Hopefully that will change, I do have one good friend in Wichita thats into them. Thats his hand holding the Giant Fairy Shrimp. He caught that in Colorado.

For the record, your final warning came after I set up a URL link to my website on every picture I posted earlier, so that shouldnt count. I will take your warning seriously and refrain from disruptive behavior in the future.
Cubano
Egg
Egg

Post by Cubano »

Hey I was just wondering if the Triops are related to the extinct Trilobite at all. Since they bear a striking resemblance.
Gregor Samsa Mendel
Larva
Larva

Post by Gregor Samsa Mendel »

They both belong to the phylum arthropoda, so they're distantly related. Trilobites are placed in a class of their own, and triops are placed as an order within the class crustacea. Their body plan has remained essentially unchanged for 300 million years. http://www.answers.com/topic/notostraca-1