Intro

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Bradimus
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Intro

Post by Bradimus »

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I am just getting into shrimp. I currently have two tanks: 55G planted tank that is home to 3 fan shrimp and 4 banded gourami. 20G houses about 18 Florida glass shrimp. I have had some minor success breeding these.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Welcome! I am happy to see that you have decided to get more involved in keeping these fascinating creatures. The Glass Shrimp you are keeping are actually some of my most favorite shrimp. They don't show as much color as other shrimp, but make up with their very interesting behaviors.

The next shrimp species that I will be offering for sale (Caridina simoni simoni) in a month or two looks almost like a smaller version of the glass shrimp, but has golden eyes, eats algae day and night and produces fully developed offspring. It's also a favorite of mine, despite the apparent lack of special colors (although they do show color in certain conditions).

You might find yourself wanting more and more shrimp species in the future as you get bitten by the shrimp bug. Happened to me...and here I am hosting this website... :D

Again, welcome to Petshrimp.com and enjoy your stay!

Mustafa
Pigheaddd
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Intro

Post by Pigheaddd »

Bradimus wrote:Just wanted to introduce myself.

I am just getting into shrimp. I currently have two tanks: 55G planted tank that is home to 3 fan shrimp and 4 banded gourami. 20G houses about 18 Florida glass shrimp. I have had some minor success breeding these.
Welcome! I am sure you will learn more from here.