Possible tank mates for Cajun Dwarfs

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

FISH WORLD ERIE
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by FISH WORLD ERIE »

I'm thinking a 38, 10 cajuns and a pair of BN pleco's. Java moss, java fern, plenty of cover (rocks, caves, etc.), and plenty of food for all
A 38 does not provide as much area as a 33 long. At max if you are purposely trying to breed these together. I would put only 4 cajuns. 1 male and 3 females. It is not all about water quality it is also about space. The bristlenose and cajuns occupy the same tank space THE BOTTOM.
The more bottom area the better. The bristlenose fry may make a good food source for the cajuns. :twisted:
ToddnBecka
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by ToddnBecka »

In that case, I'll use the 29 for the BN's, and the 38 for the cajuns. How many cajuns would be suitable for the 38 w/out the BN's?
FISH WORLD ERIE
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by FISH WORLD ERIE »

If you are trying to breed them I would not put more than 10 in there. But a tank that size could house 15 comfortably. Just make sure you have enough hidey holes.
And it all depends what you want to get out of these. If you just want a nice display with these cray. Put about 6 in there. If you are trying to breed them put 10 in there. 2 males and 8 females.
I breed my cajuns in 10 gallon tanks. I put 1 male to 3 or 4 females.
Right now I have 6 of these tanks set up. I keep all my offspring in a 33 long with lots of leaf litter, spawning mops, driftwood, pieces of coral and this provides lots of hiding spots. I have kept over 200 in a setup like this.

The bristlenose I breed I also do in 10 gallon tanks. 1 male 1 female

Jason