Weird eye problem ??

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

WetPets
<b>BANNED</b>

Weird eye problem ??

Post by WetPets »

I've been breeding crayfish for so long I can't even remember when...years..anywho, I would say around 5 or so crayfish I have had as breeders have this funky eye problem. Of course when I see this happening, I have to stop breeding them because I don't know what it is. OK..heres how it looks: crayfish had all black eyes (obviously), then it looks like the eye starts peeling. The eye is now one shade lighter than the body color. This doesn't seem to bother the crayfish. But now I have these funky blue crayfish with one blue eye and one black eye. My mother bought a crayfish (blue alleni) from a pet store, a few months latter, both eyes started peeling and the eyes turned red, after that it seemed this crayfish couldn't see much. Any ideas ??
WetPets
<b>BANNED</b>

Post by WetPets »

Anyone ? Huh ? Hello ? Someone must know somethimng about this...
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

Hmmmm, I really don't know the awsner to that.

Do you dechlorinate your water? I have well water so I don't have to worry, but in city water the chlorine can burn.

My only other guess would be natural molting type of thing...

-John (AKA: The Puffer Ninja)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

WetPets wrote:Anyone ? Huh ? Hello ? Someone must know somethimng about this...
You're not always going to get an answer to your questions. If nobody gives a reply, that "probably" means that nobody (nobody reading this anyway) has ever experienced this before.
WetPets
<b>BANNED</b>

Post by WetPets »

I'm aware of that Mustafa, thats why I asked if anyone heard something about it..

And nope, I have well watter.