Allow me to introduce myself ;)

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

It sounds like you are going to have an exciting adventure :D Hope you find some Cambarellus diminutis and keep us updated. I don't if the currents are strong out there but be careful anyways :wink:
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

I haven't been able to collect any of my own native crayfish yet, but I am going to soon.

I love collecting crayfish and other stuff! Today I found myself charging through my muddy pond in a suit of should high waiders netting goldfish with my friend. They are taking over the pond so we started netting them out. Needless to say my waiders didnt help, because I fell in :lol:

Caought a lot of stuff, including some interesting inverts, which I will post in the invert section later. There was this one interesting invert that I didnt capture for some reason...it looked scary lol

-John (AKA: The Puffer Ninja)
YuccaPatrol
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by YuccaPatrol »

Assuming good weather and good luck, I will be going on a collecting trip on Friday to hunt down the Cambarellys diminutus. It should be a fun adventure, particularly because I have identified my collection sites based on the original 60+ year old species description. Topo maps and satellite images show that this stream/swamp is still accessible despite development in the area.

Neonshrimp, I'm not worried about the currents in this small stream, but I am worried about rattlesnakes, water moccasins, and copperheads. :shock:
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

YuccaPatrol wrote: Neonshrimp, I'm not worried about the currents in this small stream, but I am worried about rattlesnakes, water moccasins, and copperheads. :shock:
And alligators and rednecks with shotguns " goin' huntin' " down the river. :-D

Anyway, good luck on your trip. Let's hope there are still some left after all the development.
YuccaPatrol
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by YuccaPatrol »

Oh yes, I forgot the alligators and rednecks! :lol: :lol: :lol: