Stocking density for dwarf crays?

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

YuccaPatrol
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by YuccaPatrol »

Mothi wrote:What type of leaf litter are we talking about? I have seen almond leaves I think for aquariums, but not really much else.
There is no magic leaf that one must use. Oak leaves have a great reputation. I've experimented with magnolia leaves with success. I definitely wouldn't pay top dollar for almond leaves because you most likley have some type of suitable leaf that you can collect and use.
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Almond leaves will acidify the water, so stay away from them unless that is what you want.
WetPets
<b>BANNED</b>

Post by WetPets »

I normally don't put more than 4 dwarfs in a 10 gallon, then cover the bottom with java moss, the top with dickweed, and throw some rocks/driftwood in.
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

WetPets wrote:I normally don't put more than 4 dwarfs in a 10 gallon, then cover the bottom with java moss, the top with dickweed, and throw some rocks/driftwood in.
Most of the dickweeds I know would block out all the light... :lol:
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

WetPets wrote:the top with dickweed, and throw some rocks/driftwood in.
Ladies and gentlemen....I think he meant to say "duckweed." :-D Happens sometimes..... :smt043
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Right, it is just a simple typo but thanks for pointing it out as I would have missed it if you didn't :) :D :-D :lol:
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Neonshrimp wrote:Right, it is just a simple typo but thanks for pointing it out as I would have missed it if you didn't :) :D :-D :lol:
I'm not meaning anything *evil*...I just found it funny that I was actually looking for "dickweed" on google to figure out what plant he was talking about. Knowing how strange common names can get (e.g. there is a marine fish called "slippery dick" LOL...do a search in google if you don't believe me) I would not have been surprised to find that there is a "dickweed", too. But, I just kept finding references to slang swearwords... :-D....until....I used the "pictures" function in google and saw a picture of a pond with duckweed that was erroneously also labeled "dickweed." Then it finally dawned on me. I know, I know...that typo is so simple that I should have figured it out right away...but that's the funny part...I didn't. No harm at all intended with this post...

Anyway, we're getting waaaaay off topic again. :-D
WetPets
<b>BANNED</b>

Post by WetPets »

LOL Mustafa sorry, in my defense, the I is located next to the u ... and yes, I did mean to say dUckweed :oops:

anywho, my shrimp and dwarf baby crays love to hang upside down on the dUckweed to eat any passing by debri, fun to watch. And yes, it does grow fast and can consume much of the light but then I just scoop some out and feed it to my cichlids or turtles... either way, its a cheap fun plant :-D
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

I had pictures in my head of some of the dickweeds I work with covered with crays...
ToddnBecka
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by ToddnBecka »

AAAhhh, Get 'em off me, get 'em off me. The buggers PINCH :!: :shock: :lol:
YuccaPatrol
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by YuccaPatrol »

All I wanted to know was how many crays to put in my aquarium. . . . :P

and now my tiny floating plants will never be the same! :lol:
WetPets