Difference between patzuarensis and shufeldtii

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

FISH WORLD ERIE
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by FISH WORLD ERIE »

that sounds like a really exciting vacation... at least to me it does, i'm sure my gf wouldn't agree but then again she's not a fish/invert nut
My wifes the same way. That would be my type of vacation though. :-D
lampeye
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by lampeye »

YuccaPatrol wrote:Well, I hadn't considered such a thing, but a small group trip might be a really neat thing. It certainly would help to have a few more hands to carry buckets and pull nets through the water! :-D

As I said, I am at least 2 years away from such a trip, but will definitely let people here know about it with plenty of advance warning. Such a trip will require coordination with Mexican biologists and scientific collection permits will be necessary for my research.
This won't apply to you, YuccaP., but many aquarium clubs have "shared" permits, for those in the collecting mood.
Cableguy
Larva
Larva

Post by Cableguy »

lampeye wrote:
YuccaPatrol wrote:Well, I hadn't considered such a thing, but a small group trip might be a really neat thing. It certainly would help to have a few more hands to carry buckets and pull nets through the water! :-D

As I said, I am at least 2 years away from such a trip, but will definitely let people here know about it with plenty of advance warning. Such a trip will require coordination with Mexican biologists and scientific collection permits will be necessary for my research.
This won't apply to you, YuccaP., but many aquarium clubs have "shared" permits, for those in the collecting mood.
for collecting most american species all you need is a fishing license, and if anyone asks, you're collecting them for bait
FISH WORLD ERIE
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by FISH WORLD ERIE »

zwergkrebszuechter

I think you are absolutely right about adapting to your conditions. If you can get these past that hump of introduction to your conditions than every batch after that seems to do better and better. I think all these crays have a chance to adapt with patience and time. I am giving the orange crays another chance. I will develop a starain that loves my water like the cajuns do. :D
Janthina
Egg
Egg

Post by Janthina »

Cableguy wrote:for collecting most american species all you need is a fishing license, and if anyone asks, you're collecting them for bait
True, for most U.S. species this will suffice. Once you step off U.S. soil though, you'll want a collection permit. Getting one may entail simple paperwork; more often, they're a huge pain to obtain and it's best to partner with local researchers who will help you with this...after all, collecting without a permit is technically 'poaching', and you really don't want to experience third-world jails firsthand.

Plus it's simply unethical to collect without permission, and makes it harder for legitimate collectors to obtain permission.

If a collecting trip is planned, please count me in!

Cara