Gotta Love the Color Benefits Spirulina Yields ...

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

John P.

Gotta Love the Color Benefits Spirulina Yields ...

Post by John P. »

I've been feeding with Hikari Algae Wafers, and have noticed a profound effect on my Cherry Shrimp's coloration:
(Bigger Pic)
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

Wow ... nice 8)
Bradimus
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Bradimus »

Very pretty. Hikari supplements those wafers with carotene. Great for color.
DanHagan
Larva
Larva

Post by DanHagan »

I give my shrimp those wafers and they ignore them all out!
amanda_h
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by amanda_h »

My shrimp will eat them, but given the choice they definitely prefer the Hikari Crab Cuisine.
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

Mine will eat anything I throw into the tank ... I have 'piggies' :-D
scrimp

Post by scrimp »

I dont really feed mine at all they are always just munching on what I guess is algae, on the plants I dont see. Although I have started feeing them half a algae wafer every few days. And frozen cubes of spinish well see if this has any new effects on them.
Oqsy
Egg
Egg

Post by Oqsy »

my cherries refuse everything i try to feed them, including softened spinach, hikari algae, multiple types of flake food, softened green pea, & marineland bottom feeder tablets. after a few hours i remove the food since i'm already dealing with enough bga and nematodes, and spoiling food would probably just compound the issue. i guess that means i've got either picky eaters, or enough other goodies in the tank to keep their bellies full. they're growing, coloring up, and becoming more sociable, but i've yet to see them taste anything other than the light fuzz on my driftwood (also not eating any of the bga on my plants / substrate).

Oqsy
scrimp

Post by scrimp »

Mine too they wont touch the stuff I wonder why, not even any of my other shrimp will touch it.