Pentax Optio W20/W10

This forum is read-only.
YuccaPatrol
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Pentax Optio W20/W10

Post by YuccaPatrol »

I just got one of these (W20) and am very impressed. I needed a durable camera that could withstand the weather and severe environmental conditions, take quality macro shots in low light, and also take good photos in unusual low light situations such as inside caves.

These are waterproof to 5 feet and so far I am impressed. Not too expensive either. . . about the price you'd expect for a quality compact camera.

The menus work well and are pretty easy to navigate, even after only one evening playing around with it. I have not yet been brave enough to actually submerge it, but I know I will eventually.

I used to spend hours working to get one good shot of my shrimp/crayfish, but I no longer have to struggle to get acceptable images in the macro mode.

Here is one shot from last night. Considering that it was taken in very low indirect light and was shot through the aquarium glass and a plastic guppy breeder tank, I am pleased. I have compressed this photo for the web, but the full size image shows much greater detail.

Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

:D Thanks again Yucca, This is a really nice picture of a beautiful specimen. Happy hunting and keep the pictures coming :lol: !