When will we have this available in the U.S.?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Pigheaddd
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

When will we have this available in the U.S.?

Post by Pigheaddd »

When will we have Caribbean Dwarf Filter Shrimp available in the U.S.? Does anybody know how to contact Chris Lukhaup? I am really interested in this shrimp, but do not know how to make contact with people who have it. :roll:
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

There is only one person in Germany who has it and he only has a couple females that Chris brought from Cuba. Chris Lukhaup does not have any of these. He just takes pictures of them and either kills them (put them in alcohol) or gives them to other people he knows.

I don't think you will be seeing these shrimp sold in stores in the US. They are not sold in stores anywhere. You would have to go down to the Caribbean and catch them yourself. Or....you wait for me to move to California and start a huge shrimp farm at which point I would go to the Caribbean myself to catch my breeding stock. :) Don't count on it though since it might be several years from now. :-D

Mustafa
Pigheaddd
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Pigheaddd »

Petshrimp.com wrote:There is only one person in Germany who has it and he only has a couple females that Chris brought from Cuba. Chris Lukhaup does not have any of these. He just takes pictures of them and either kills them (put them in alcohol) or gives them to other people he knows.

I don't think you will be seeing these shrimp sold in stores in the US. They are not sold in stores anywhere. You would have to go down to the Caribbean and catch them yourself. Or....you wait for me to move to California and start a huge shrimp farm at which point I would go to the Caribbean myself to catch my breeding stock. :) Don't count on it though since it might be several years from now. :-D

Mustafa
Thanks for information. Where are they located in Cuba? Which river or stream? We just need importer/wholesaler who can import from S. America and know where to collect them, then we may have them soon if they are willing to import those shrimps to the U.S.. I hope crazy Japanese will get them asap, then sell them to other Asia country. I import them from Asia to here. ahahahahah... Kind of Day Dreaming, but who knows! Once Asia market has this species available, I do not see any reason we can not have this species imported. Finish paper works either myself or broker, and pay for it. They are mine. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: