Red Cherry Shrimp & Angels

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

AquaBoBo
Egg
Egg

Red Cherry Shrimp & Angels

Post by AquaBoBo »

I was wondering if anyone had luck with the following - or similar. I have a dozen red cherry shrimp in a planted 26 gallon bow tank. Two pieces of drift wood, small rocks, java moss (about 3 cups worth) and other plants. I have two beautiful long veil angels I would like to put in this tank. Has anyone kept angel fish with shrimp without the angels bothering them? I would normally not even ask this without all the hiding places I have, but I would like to keep them alone instead of my other planted 'community' tank. I know that angels can be aggressive and the red cherries are small, but figuring there is a ton of hiding places, I would like to put them here. Thanks - GREAT forum - tons of info.
TKD
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by TKD »

The angles would have a great red lunch. :wink:

One of the amanda's was saying that the Apisto's ate here cherries but did not go after her greens or alomanos.

Hope this helps,

TKD
amanda_h
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by amanda_h »

TKD wrote:One of the amanda's...
:smt043

Hee hee! I like that. That was this amanda by the way.

I think in spite of all the hiding spaces, any shrimp that ventured out would get snatched up. I doubt they'd last long.
AquaBoBo
Egg
Egg

Post by AquaBoBo »

Well - no angels for me in that tank. I'll leave the shrimp along with the blue apple snails. Thanks for the info.