An odd-ball experiment

This forum is read-only.
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

An odd-ball experiment

Post by badflash »

I have a tank of hawiian red shrimp, MTS and Olive Nerites at full-seaeater 36 ppt. I have a 3 part cycle system that has been working several months I'd like to share.

Each week I remove 1/2 gallon of water from 3 tanks. A 10 gallon shrimp tank, a ten gallon brine shrimp tank, and a 1 gallon marine green water tank.

I add 1/2 ml each of the 2 part kent pro-culture ferts to the water removed from the hawiian shimp water and add that to the 1 gallon of gren water. I add the 1/2 gallon of grren water to the brine shrimp tank.

I filter out all the brine shrimp from the water removed from the brine shrimp tank, feed them to my fish and add the yellow water to the hawiian red shrimp tank. I use R/O water to take care of evaporation.

This seems to be working and I vary rarely need to add food of any type or more salt.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Came across this thread and wanted to ask how long it took to establish the current balance?
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

I started around christmas with the current arrangement. I'm not sure I would call it a balance, but it seems to be working OK.

The salt tank itself has been running for over a year. I have it ready for amano zoes should I get more. I finally have berried females again.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

The salt tank itself has been running for over a year. I have it ready for amano zoes should I get more. I finally have berried females again.
Please let us know how it goes when you raise the amano zoes. Best wishes.