My 10 Gallon Tank with Cherry's

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

bgssamson
Egg
Egg

My 10 Gallon Tank with Cherry's

Post by bgssamson »

I have a 10 Gallon Planted Tank with 9 cherry Shrimps, 4 Amanos & 6 Cherry Barb. I am now planning to breed my cherry shrimps in a 10 gallon & move my fish & amanos in my 20 gallon planted. My question is will White Clouds minnow is OK wiht them as tank mates? & can you tell me if I need to add crash corals? I have PH=7.4 (low pH test kit) 7.6 (high pH test Kit), Gh =8 & Kh=3. I have HOB filter but it can be set to low flow. Should I buy a sponge filter?

I am open to any suggestions..pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

p.s.
One more thing does anyone has a picture of OAKTREE/BIRCHTREE LEAVES or has some an actual leaves (one of each is good) to ship me (i'll pay for shipping) so I can compare it to any trees in here (Alexandria, VA.) I don't know names of the trees.

:roll:
Brian samson
6301 Stevenson Ave. #112
Alexandria, VA. 22304
Bradimus
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by Bradimus »

If you are planning on breeding, I would recommend going shrimp-only. Your water parameters are fine -- no crushed coral needed.

As for oaks, there are dozens of species in the US, each with a different leaf. You should go by a local plant nursery and ask them to show you.
bgssamson
Egg
Egg

Post by bgssamson »

Thank you very much for the advise! I'll check at local plant nursery.
51Cornell
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by 51Cornell »

You can probably get some pictures of both trees--and specific trees in your general area--by searching on the internet. Since you now the names of the trees, you'll probably find closeups of the leaves and the seeds and all that.
bgssamson
Egg
Egg

Post by bgssamson »

Tried that but I can't seem to find a close-up picture of the seeds. I think the easies way is to go to my nearest plant nursery as said by The Great Bradimus. :D