CAF's Camera

This forum is read-only.
RCSGuy
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by RCSGuy »

Your wife takes beautiful photos :) What camera is she using?
CAF
Egg
Egg

Post by CAF »

RCSGuy wrote:Your wife takes beautiful photos :) What camera is she using?
She is using a Samsung NV3 on the extreme macro mode
RCSGuy
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by RCSGuy »

CAF wrote:
RCSGuy wrote:Your wife takes beautiful photos :) What camera is she using?
She is using a Samsung NV3 on the extreme macro mode
Sweet, how many macro modes do you have?
I use an Olympus SP-510UZ on Super Macro mode.
ToddnBecka
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by ToddnBecka »

What's the zoom factor on that camera? I'm looking closely at getting a Panasonic Lumix with 12x optical and 4x digital zoom. I tried a cheap ($80) 6 megapixel from Wallyworld, but my old 2 megapixel takes clearer pictures. :roll: It was returned, and I decided to spend the money to get a decent camera. My old one doesn't take closeup shots, and eats AA batteries entirely too quickly. After 6-8 pictures they're dead, and 3 new ones need to be installed to continue taking pictures.
CAF
Egg
Egg

Post by CAF »

So I do not get in trouble linking to a commercial site. Just try googling the Samsung NV3. I think there are 2 or 3 macro modes and I do not remember the zoom factor. Sorry.
RCSGuy
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by RCSGuy »

ToddnBecka wrote:What's the zoom factor on that camera? I'm looking closely at getting a Panasonic Lumix with 12x optical and 4x digital zoom. I tried a cheap ($80) 6 megapixel from Wallyworld, but my old 2 megapixel takes clearer pictures. :roll: It was returned, and I decided to spend the money to get a decent camera. My old one doesn't take closeup shots, and eats AA batteries entirely too quickly. After 6-8 pictures they're dead, and 3 new ones need to be installed to continue taking pictures.
Olympus SP-510UZ Specs:
7.1 Megapixel (effective), 7.4 Megapixel gross, 1/2.5” CCD
6.3 – 63mm (38 – 380mm equivalent in 35mm photography), 11 lenses in 7 groups, 2 aspherical lenses
10x Optical + 5x Digital (seamless to 50x)
15x Fine Zoom (3 Megapixels)

For full specs PM me because this is super off topic, and we do have a photography forum here ... sorry Mustafa ;)
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Looks like the thread has been moved to the right forum :D This is some good information one can use to shop for a camera, thanks!
CAF
Egg
Egg

Post by CAF »

Outstanding. We just recently purchased the NV3 and are still learning the settings on it. So again I apologize for not having the info on hand. I will try to post some info up as soon as I can locate it.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Great hope to read the info on the NV3 soon. I also wanted to say that it is great to see you are now a member of this forum :D I have seen you on other forums but it will be great to get your input and experience here also.
RCSGuy
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by RCSGuy »

This is better :D Haha, this is my thread now :P Anyways I too would like to hear more of this NV3.

Yeah I've seen you on other forums as well TAF_CAF ;)
ToddnBecka
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by ToddnBecka »

Well, the new camera is on the way. It's an older model (DMC-FZ5), but not previously used. Considering it was only about half the price of the newer models, with the same essential features, it looked like a good deal. On the other hand, if it isn't what I want I can easily resell it w/out losing anything. I'll try it out and post some pics after I semi-figure out how it works... :lol:
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

I'll try it out and post some pics after I semi-figure out how it works... :lol:
That is just about how I am learning to use my camera. There is always a better technique we just need to find it :roll:
ToddnBecka
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by ToddnBecka »

Hmm, instruction manual? Does anyone actually READ those things (much less understand them)? :lol:
RCSGuy
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by RCSGuy »

ToddnBecka wrote:Hmm, instruction manual? Does anyone actually READ those things (much less understand them)? :lol:
I read some of the manual for mine, for the basic things but I can probably take much better pictures with my camera and I don't even know it! :lol: