Watch your food!

This forum is read-only.

Moderator: Mustafa

badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Watch your food!

Post by badflash »

I just ordered a bunch of catfish pellets to beef up the protien content of my rabbit pellets. I ordered from Kens as usual and got a shipping notice, probably automated. When they didn't arrive 5 days later I contacted Kens to find out what gives. Remember the dogfood problem a little while ago due to the Chinese connection of using rat poison?
Hello Jack,
We have been waiting to hear from the FDA as well as Zeigler about a food recall on your catfish pellets. There was a problem with some cold water feeds made there with a binding ingredient that was not FDA approved. We wanted to make sure they did not use any of these binders in our catfish pellets because they process them for us. We receive the all clear from both of them on Tuesday and we shipped out the orders. The HBH food company was not as lucky. They have recalled a lot of food. I just wanted to make sure there was not any problems before we shipped this out. I am very sorry for the delay.

Thank You
Ken Menard
32 Fourth Ave.
Taunton, MA 02780
If you use commercial feeds, you should check.
FISH WORLD ERIE
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by FISH WORLD ERIE »

Thanks for the tip. I order all my food from the same guy and another place out of florida. Food is very critical. It plays a daily role in our regime. It is best to watch all factors in the life and death of your animals.

Thanks
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Just an update on this.
This was actually a US problem, and not the Chinese. Same family of chemicals though.
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/newsroom/hot_ ... feed.shtml