Shrimp tank condition

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

discusamatuer
Egg
Egg

Shrimp tank condition

Post by discusamatuer »

Hi guys.

Just wondering. Are we able to rear cheery shrimps in a small lighted planted tank with no filters? My planted tank is 8inchx8x8. No other fishes in it, just gravel, moss and nana plants. Other than cool water, anythings to note?

Thought will like to include some shrimps. I do manual change of water. A small percentage of it.

Please advise.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Yes, you can rear red cherry shrimp in that tank since the plants will provide the oxygen and some food also (although you do have to feed, too). You can put 10 in there, but if they do breeed, you'd have to find a bigger tank for all the young shrimp since your little tank is way too small for that many shrimp.

Just make sure there is no copper in the water and do not overuse fertilizers (I'd recommend not using them at all to be on the safe side).

You can feed them just flake food and leave decaying leaf matter in the tank...they'll eat that and whatever grows on it, too.

Take care,
Mustafa