Whitebanded shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Whitebanded shrimp

Post by milalic »

I have gone through the site and read all the information I have found about this shrimp.

I was just wondering if anyone(most surely Mustafa) has any pictures of different coloration sof this shrimp. I have managed to get a hold of some whitebanded shrimp from India but their color seem very diverse.

Any information would be great.

thanks!
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

i have some from india also, probably same source ;-)

and my coloration their coloration is almost same as the first pic of mustafa pics.
i would say the coloration of the second pics is most like ly because of the white gravel ...... since i always make 2 tank when i receive shrimp , is notice in the second tank with lighter gravel the coloration approach the one of the second pic of mustafa.
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

I also have a small colony of White Bandeds

There coloration seems to be some where between Clear to reddish.

I will try to post pictures, but these little shrimp seem to never sit still.

John
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Whitebanded shrimp

Post by Mustafa »

milalic wrote:I have gone through the site and read all the information I have found about this shrimp.

I was just wondering if anyone(most surely Mustafa) has any pictures of different coloration sof this shrimp. I have managed to get a hold of some whitebanded shrimp from India but their color seem very diverse.

Any information would be great.

thanks!
These guys can be very variable in coloration depending on background, mood, age..etc.. I have had black shrimp, bluish shrimp, wine-red shrimp and the color you see on my pictures in the shrimp varieties pages. I don't have any good pictures of other colors of this shrimp...just some bad blurry ones taken with my old camera from ages ago.
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

i have berried female , and i see one small shrimp , but i never see any beried before :shock: , well they are hiding so well , does not surprise me.

john what about yours.
milalic
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by milalic »

zapisto wrote:i have berried female , and i see one small shrimp , but i never see any beried before :shock: , well they are hiding so well , does not surprise me.

john what about yours.
I have a few berried and around 20 babies I can see around...small babies
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

milalic wrote:
zapisto wrote:i have berried female , and i see one small shrimp , but i never see any beried before :shock: , well they are hiding so well , does not surprise me.

john what about yours.
I have a few berried and around 20 babies I can see around...small babies
yes i can confirm , they are really really small :)