Should have bought from Mustafa! All AZ Garden's Shrimp DOA

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

theshrimp_123
Shrimp
Shrimp

Should have bought from Mustafa! All AZ Garden's Shrimp DOA

Post by theshrimp_123 »

All my shrimp were dead. Is this because of bad packing, shipping, or a natural problem? They died before they even got in the tank......AZ Gardens will pay! :twisted: ......Or at least replace them.

:smt067 AZ GARDENS
51Cornell
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by 51Cornell »

A long while ago, we had ordered from AZG and 90% of the shrimp were DOA; since they claim they'll replace DOAs when you reorder, that's what we did and 90% those also were DOA with the rest dying within 1 day. We found that when we opened the bag, the water smelled and looked foul--not crystal clear as it should. Once, we also had bought plant tools and had specifically asked to have them sent separately (and we'd pay the extra shipping) but AZG packed the tools with the shrimp. Incidentally, some aquarium plants we ordered from them came smelling like pond scum and were basically mush wrapped in newspaper inside a plastic bag. All round, not a good experience and not worth their "replacement" guarantee. I had thought this was a fluke that just happened to us.
brbarkey
Larva
Larva

Post by brbarkey »

Sorry about your losses :cry: How many did you buy. I hope it wasnt a lot ($$$). I dont want to flame AZ but I bought a lot of shrimp from them and I lost 30% of the order. E mailed them and nothing and I gave up too easily :roll: They have a reputation of poor customer service.

Again sorry

Ben
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

51Cornell wrote: I had thought this was a fluke that just happened to us.
It's not a fluke. I have had almost the exact same experience as you had with AZgardens (actually even worse believe it or not) when I made the mistake of ordering from them in the past.

I could write a whole book about it, but suffice it to say that it was the worst experience *ever* ordering *any* animals or *anything* online at all and I have been online since 1995!!

I have yet to hear about anyone actually NOT getting any DOAs from them. So...buyer beware!

Mustafa

PS: To avoid confusion and clarify things. I don't want "bashing" on this forum, but experiences such as those described in this thread are important so that everyone knows what's going on in the "shrimp business." Hopefully, this will change the careless behavior of shrimp sellers who have no regard for the lives of these animals.

Potential shrimp buyers should know about people and businesses who want to make a quick buck by torturing and killing these helpless animals and then making it look like the deaths during transit are "normal" and "expected." Don't fall for that!
amanda_h
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by amanda_h »

Mustafa wrote:...and then making it look like the deaths during transit are "normal" and "expected." Don't fall for that!
I can certainly vouch that when the shrimp are packed properly, they can survive several days transit without a single fatality! (props to Mustafa)
amber2461
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by amber2461 »

amanda_h wrote:
Mustafa wrote:...and then making it look like the deaths during transit are "normal" and "expected." Don't fall for that!
I can certainly vouch that when the shrimp are packed properly, they can survive several days transit without a single fatality! (props to Mustafa)
Yup, yup, yup
51Cornell
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by 51Cornell »

If they ship their shrimp in such wretched conditions, imagine how bad the holding tanks must be. We used to ship our fish and always used clean, fresh water in the shipping bags since the animal(s) will have to live in that small amount of water for 24 hours or more while in transit and the ordeal of being shipped has to be pretty stressful; they shouldn't have to sit in dirty water also. It isn't that hard to keep their living conditions clean.
theshrimp_123
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by theshrimp_123 »

I spent next to $50 on those shrimp..........Ah man.......... :x