california

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

california

Post by zapisto »

i know we have to talk about shrimp
but with all what happen in california , anybody have news from mustafa ?
is he ok ?

thanks
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

The winds have died down and the fires are being contained in Southern California. However several communities were evacuated including some in SanDiego. Hope you are alright Mustafa, you might just not have access to the internet at the moment. Be safe and please let us know how you are doing when you are able.

For all who are effected, my prayers are with you.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Thanks for you concern, guys. I appreciate it! We're fine here as the fires did not really penetrate too much into San Diego (the city as opposed to the county) itself.
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

Glad to hear you are OK Mustafa
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

As someone who was born and raised in Southern California (Orange and Ventura Counties), I know what fire season is like there. The homes that are most at risk are those that are on steep hill sides or in the inland canyon areas.

What many people don't realize is that after the fires are out, the next big rain can and will destroy many homes that survived the fires. This is due to the vegetation that holds the hills stable has been burned away. Erosion runs rampant and mud slides are common.

We joked that the seasons in SoCal are; Green Grass, Brown Grass, Fire and finally Mud slide seasons.

We hope for the best for all of those who have been affected by this seasons fires and drought across the U.S. and elsewhere.
AnneRiceBowl
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by AnneRiceBowl »

Glad to hear that you are ok Mustafa.

How are the other members in CA?
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Hi ARB,

Speaking from Orange County we are alright here, it seems like the fires are controlled or put out. The sad part of it all is that it looks like arson is the cause :roll: .