Just brought home pinokio shrimp...

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

mduros
Egg
Egg

Just brought home pinokio shrimp...

Post by mduros »

:shock: Well on my every other Friday night outing to the fish store for my two week supply of live blackworms, I saw these wondrous little creatures and could not resist. So I brought home 3 and just read your profile on them. I think I added them to the worst tank as far as water parameters go, the ph and kh is really low because of the vast number of spixis and cherry shrimp that are in there, but I am also going to start calcium dosing to help matters. I think they'll do okay. Also, right after I added them (sorry, I don't QT shrimp) I noticed an amano in that tank that I thought was long gone. Who knew!? I am wondering if he was lured out of hiding when he spotted similar looking brethren?

Any tips on these beauties is greatly appreciated. Byt the way, you guys that posted in my previous post that I had the "illness" or whatever... You're right. I was so disappointed that I didn't get the crystal reds the other day that I wouldn't let it go. I want more shrimp darn it!
Take care,
Mary.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

What are pinokio shrimp? Can you give us a discription?
mduros
Egg
Egg

Post by mduros »

Nothing like your own fine profile... They're really cute little guys.

http://www.petshrimp.com/rednoseshrimp.html

Here's a picture of one that I just took.

Take care,
Mary.
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

nice shrimp
i love them .
and on top of that they are bredable with a procedure who look like amano shrimp shrimp breeding procedure.
Mordaki
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Mordaki »

i bought about 6 of them once when i first got into shrimp was when i only could find amino shrimp and i was alot less knowlageable about shrimp then. they were in my tank about two months and died or got ate dunno(probably died due to weater parameters) but they were cool. i wouldn't keep them now tho because of water parameters i need coral sand to keep my water parameters up and still isnt too good but my aminos cherrys and green shrimp seem all happy and colourfull.
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

i wouldn't keep them now tho because of water parameters i need coral sand to keep my water parameters up and still isnt too good but my aminos cherrys and green shrimp seem all happy and colourfull.
Good job, I guess we all learn how to better care for the shrimp as we go forward.
Mordaki
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Mordaki »

Neonshrimp wrote:Good job, I guess we all learn how to better care for the shrimp as we go forward.
yup although i wish i lerned that the easy way now im more carefull :)
shrimpbaby
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by shrimpbaby »

I like them, Mary. I hope they do well for you.