Crab ID

This forum is read-only.
cro117
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Crab ID

Post by cro117 »

hi, i was hoping that someone could help me id a species of crab. i don't have a photo right now, so hopefully a vague description will suffice. it's carapace is a dark bluish-purple, legs are a brownish, and it has bright red movable finger. i cant remember if the unmovable finger is the same, and i believe the palm is the same color as the carapace. perhaps the most notable feature though is the joint of its claw witch is green. the only other information i can think of at this time is that it comes in the same shipments with the common red claws, and is about the same size currently. i have found two of these crabs in about 6 shipments of red claws.
sstimac
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Crab ID

Post by sstimac »

Vague descriptions are not sufficient.
cro117
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Crab ID

Post by cro117 »

i know. i'm working on getting a pic. i thought in the mean time i would see if anyone has any ideas. i figured the part about it coming in the same shipments with red claws might have been a clue to someone. either they are collected together in the wild. or at the wholesalers they are housed together. probably poseidon or southland. at any rate i have actually taken some pics, i just need my friend to send them to my email.