how do I move my shrimp from an ecosphere to an aquarium

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Joanie
Egg
Egg

how do I move my shrimp from an ecosphere to an aquarium

Post by Joanie »

:?:
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Re: how do I move my shrimp from an ecosphere to an aquarium

Post by badflash »

Try using the SEARCH for ecosphere
Joanie
Egg
Egg

Post by Joanie »

I searched under ecosphere as you suggested and found a lot of good information. I would like to know if I need to wait a certain amount of time before I move them to an aquarium? I have two ecospheres and I've only had them about two weeks and they don't have any algae growth. Should I wait for some to form or go ahead with the move? I feel sorry for the little guys since they don't swim around very much and I'd like to get them into a better environment as soon as they're able to make the move. Like so many other people I wish I had done some research before allowing my daughters to have them.
ernopena
Larva
Larva

Post by ernopena »

You need to make sure the aquarium is alreadyt conditioned and ready for the shrimp. that means the water is at the right salinity and it's been circulating for at least a week for the biological cycling to begin. Maybe even 2+ weeks if you are using live rock.

Once the new tank is ready, just break them open and manually move the shrimp over. My ecospheres were the expensive sealed spheres, which i placed in a large tupperware and broke with a big spoon. then I spooned up the individual shrimp into the new tank...
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Be carefull as some may be under pressure and you could be hurt. Wear eye protection.