Weitzmani Fry in Shrimp tank?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

garfieldnfish
Larva
Larva

Weitzmani Fry in Shrimp tank?

Post by garfieldnfish »

I am trying to spawn my Weitzmani corydoras in a 10 gal. If I succeed would it be safe to add some of the fry to my shrimp tank to eat the paramecium that has grown to quite a number in the shrimp tank? Or would cory fry also harm shrimp? I have orange shrimp, CRS and RCS in the tank along with a small number of CRS shrimplets about 3 mm long.
jeej
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Re: Weitzmani Fry in Shrimp tank?

Post by jeej »

I have 8 Weitzmani Corys in my larger tank, they are great! Was thinking bout adding some mature shrimp to that tank at some point too.

I am under the general impression that as long as there are plenty of hiding spots for the baby shrimp (lots of java moss etc...) then they stand a chance of survival. As of yet I have no first hand experience.
Guba
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Guba »

I have added Synodontis Petracola fry to one of my Red cherry shrimp tanks and expected the fish fry to eat smaller shrimp as supplemental feeding. So far my Petricola's are doing just fine, and the cherries are outpopulating the original colony!
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by Neonshrimp »

Yes, as long as the fish can catch the smaller shrimp they will eat them. If the population of shrimp is growing that means the fish are not eating as many shrimp that are being produced.