What shrimp is this?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

LordMorgoth
Egg
Egg

What shrimp is this?

Post by LordMorgoth »

So, i just want to know what kind of shrimp are these?:

i know these are not so good pictures, but i really want to know what species is this shrimp?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: What shrimp is this?

Post by Mustafa »

Can't tell for sure from the picture, but it looks like one of the species imported from Indonesia related to Caridina serratirostris. I have a few of them. They have very small eggs and saltwater larvae.
LordMorgoth
Egg
Egg

Post by LordMorgoth »

Well, i have learned how to make bether pictures of shrimps... i will post the pics here tomorow.
LordMorgoth
Egg
Egg

Post by LordMorgoth »

I can't make good pictures when they are in the... i don't know the word sorry, that 'room' for pregnant female fish..., so, i will fill a smaller 5l akvarium and move one shrimp there, then take the pictures, and move it back...
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

I know some people temporarily put shrimp in a small glass or plastic dish to photograph them.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

pixl8r wrote:I know some people temporarily put shrimp in a small glass or plastic dish to photograph them.
The problem with that is that the shrimp also temporarily lose their coloration. ;) It's best to photograph them in your tank when they show their fully colors. If you only have "holding tanks" because you are a store/importer/exporter of shrimp etc, then it would be wise to set up a photo tank where the shrimp feel well enough to show their natural colors.
LordMorgoth
Egg
Egg

Post by LordMorgoth »

yea right... im just 13, my mom wouldnt alow me to do that :wink: but, would the shrimp loose her colours on that second, when it would come to smaller aquarium? i mean, if there would be the same wather as in the main aquarium?

(sorry for the strange writting, i actuly know how to write and speak in english quite well, but i don't realy know all the 'words', that may be forun in this hobby :shock: )
Guba
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Guba »

Any time a fish or shrimp feels ill at ease in it's surroundings it's coloration will change. My understanding on this, is that coloration is used for communication. Squid and octopi really put on color shows. The brief time that you have a shrimp in another vessel is enough to stress it. Just trying to catch it in a net will frighten it into different colors.
It's best to photograph them in your tank when they show their fully colors.
This IS the best way to photograph. The problem is that it's not convenient for the photographer. Keep your camera close to the tank and ready to take pictures, and over time you'll be rewarded with some good photo's. Best of luck!
LordMorgoth
Egg
Egg

Post by LordMorgoth »

I have some new pictures, but they aren't good either, i think i know, how il picture them, i hope i succed :roll:
brndette21
Egg
Egg

Post by brndette21 »

I couldn't determine if what kind of shrimp too, but it is good if the shrimp is pregnant. However, when you buy that shrimp, have they ever told you if what kind of shrimp is that. I think they know that.