Bee babies don't seem to be growing.

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

chris666
Egg
Egg

Bee babies don't seem to be growing.

Post by chris666 »

Howdy,

My bee shrimp babies don't seem to be growing at all. I see about 15 to 20 bouncing around the tank but they haven't gotten any bigger since they were born almost a month ago. anyone know why?

Cheers,

Chris
chris666
Egg
Egg

Re: Bee babies don't seem to be growing.

Post by chris666 »

no one??? really?? Not even the shrimp guru himself, mustapha??
TKD
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by TKD »

I had the same problem... but my crystals are doing great!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

chris666 wrote:no one??? really?? Not even the shrimp guru himself, mustapha??
If you provided some more information, someone may be able to help. The above is like saying: "My arm hurts, why?" and expecting a doctor at the other side of the world/country sitting in front of a computer to diagnose you with *just* that information. Think about it...plus, I have mentioned many times why some shrimp do better and why others don't. These reasons may or may not apply to you and it's up to you to decide that.
chris666
Egg
Egg

Post by chris666 »

If you provided some more information, someone may be able to help. The above is like saying: "My arm hurts, why?" and expecting a doctor at the other side of the world/country sitting in front of a computer to diagnose you with *just* that information. Think about it...plus, I have mentioned many times why some shrimp do better and why others don't. These reasons may or may not apply to you and it's up to you to decide that.[/quote]

Fair enough.

I don't have the equipment to get any measurements of the water perimeters so I can't give any details on that. The adults are really healthy and incredibly active. Let me rephrase my question. Can anyone offer a suggestion why my bee shrimp might not be growing? I'm beginning to suspect that they aren't shrimp at all. Although they seem to be shaped exactly the same as the adults, only white and about 1mm long. It has been nearly 2 months and there's no progress whatsoever, at least none that I can see. Is there anything I can do to stimulate growth in bee shrimp?

Chris
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

If they are bee shrimp they aren't just white. The bee shrimp have the same coloration as the adults when they hatch (more or less). You must be looking at something else.