Mutant ghost shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

fishbone
Larva
Larva

Mutant ghost shrimp

Post by fishbone »

This thing won't die! I've had this guy for over 2 years now! I always thought they lived 2 years at most. He's huge. I'll try to snap a picture of him. Well, "her", actually :-D She is the only ghost shrimp left of the 10 I had when I bought them as a "test" to make sure the tank was ready to go for my cherry shrimp. I now have over 40 cherry shrimp and she's the one ghost shrimp left :)
I guess I have a knack for inverts. All my fiddler crabs have also exceeded the life expectancy averages I have seen online. I have one female left and she is going on 4 years old now (at least since I've had her). The majority of articles I have read online quote up to 3 years in captivity. I wish I had kept the receipts and taken DNA samples to prove a possible new record in the hobby :lol:
Later edit: found a recent pic of the fiddler, here she is sneaking around :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_7348 (Small).JPG
IMG_7348 (Small).JPG (51.37 KiB) Viewed 884 times
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Mutant ghost shrimp

Post by Mustafa »

The life expectancy of inverts in the hobby has been poorly studied so far, so there is still a lot to learn and nothing set in stone. I've had a cherry shrimp male that lived over 3 years (he was huge!)...although most of them don't seem to make it much longer than 1-1.5 years.