Red Cherries Dead

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Eric31710
Egg
Egg

Red Cherries Dead

Post by Eric31710 »

My 3 Red Cherries I bought 2 weeks ago died. I have a ten gallon pH of 7.6, 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite, 78F. It is heavily planted but I do not use fertilizers. My 3 amano shrimp are fine. Same with my neon tetra's. I found one in there dead its color was not faded it was still red. I am just wondering what happened. Does anyone have any idea? I am not a beginner but I am new to this forum so my tank has been established for almost 11 months.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Red Cherries Dead

Post by Mustafa »

It's hard to say what killed your RCS from the information you have provided, but if you tank conditions seem ok the culprit is most likely the fact that your RCS were in really bad condition to begin with when you bought them. Shrimp have a hard time recovering from prior physical stress. If you buy shrimp from a local fish store or an online store that has imported shrimp (and even most online "breeder" sources, as most people don't know how to ship them properly) then your shrimp are more likely to die than make it. That's just fact, unfortunately.