Supershrimp forum has been established!

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Supershrimp forum has been established!

Post by Mustafa »

Here we go! A special forum for SUPERSHRIMP! :D Let's talk about this amazing species! In the next few days and weeks I will try to move all the topics related to Supershrimp from the general shrimp forum over here. There was actually quite a bit of discussion about this species over the years. In the meantime, ask ahead!
ChearpyTrice
Larva
Larva

Re: Supershrimp forum has been established!

Post by ChearpyTrice »

Hey ya
Thax again 4 makin the SuperShrimp Forum I very excited about gettin some & read the posts about them from other people.
Tar tar Patrice
peacecorn
Egg
Egg

Post by peacecorn »

Oh this is excellent. I purchased an Ecosphere without realizing what a terrible environment it was for the little red guys. Came here a month ago to gather information on moving them out and just purchased what I think are all the things I need to create my brackish tank. Happy to have a forum dedicated just for them!

(Shame on the Ecosphere people for having Carl Sagan on their webpage. He most certainly would have changed his mind about them.)
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Unfortunately, unscrupulous individuals and companies will use anything and anyone (dead or alive..as long as they don't protest) to market their products to the unassuming public. After all making a profit at any cost is the goal...even if it means that misinformation is spread...purposefully or not. I'm glad that you have found this website and can provide a new home for your shrimp!
peacecorn wrote:Oh this is excellent. I purchased an Ecosphere without realizing what a terrible environment it was for the little red guys. Came here a month ago to gather information on moving them out and just purchased what I think are all the things I need to create my brackish tank. Happy to have a forum dedicated just for them!

(Shame on the Ecosphere people for having Carl Sagan on their webpage. He most certainly would have changed his mind about them.)
robandmichele
Egg
Egg

Post by robandmichele »

Thank you for creating this forum. I live in hawai'i and am starting a 'opae ula tank. the discussions have been really useful! mahalo -michele