Moving out Shrimps from Ecosphere

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

epappolla
Egg
Egg

Moving out Shrimps from Ecosphere

Post by epappolla »

Hi Mustafa and all,

I just got an Ecosphere with 3 Shrimps and I want to move out them into a better place.
I read you guide to build a new shrimp tank and I have some questions for you.
May I use the algae that I have into the Ecosphere and moving them into the new tank?
May I buy your shrimps and adding them to my 3 shrimps?
Any other specifc suggestion to make a good job moving the shirmps into a new habitat from the ecosphere?
Please let me know.
Thanks a lot in advance and best regards

Enrico (Italy)
ChearpyTrice
Larva
Larva

Re: Moving out Shrimps from Ecosphere

Post by ChearpyTrice »

Hey ya
There r Videos on UTube on how to remove ur Opae Ula (SuperShrimp) from the Ecospheres & they r the same type as sold by Mustafa on here. Opae Ula r BrackishWater Shrimp & u will have to setup the new tank & wait for it to cycle before addin ur Shrimp & the old Water & yep u can use the algae in the Ecosphere in the new tank. Read my post (ChearpyTrice) on Setin Up A BrackishWater Tank For SuperShrimp it will help a lot.
Tar tar Patrice
epappolla
Egg
Egg

Post by epappolla »

Thanks a lot Patrice for your prompt feedback.
May I have a video linke showing how to corectly open the Ecosphere and maybe doing the rest?
Thanks again and best regards

Enrico
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Hi Enrico,

Yes, you can move everything, including algae, over to the new tank, and you can also add additional Supershrimp if you like. There are actually even posts that I have not moved over from the main shrimp forum, yet, where people discuss how to open up their sealed glass spheres. Just use the search function here to try to find those topics, while I try to do the same so I can move the topic(s) over to this forum where they belong. Just haven't gotten around to doing it yet...
epappolla
Egg
Egg

Post by epappolla »

Hi Mustafa,

thanks for the feedback.
I will try to get these posts showing how to open th ecosphere.
By the way I have alreday prepared today a good tank with everything setup following your precise indication.
Do you suggest me to wait 7/8 days before moving there the supershrimps?
Please let me know and thanks again.
Best regards

Enrico
epappolla
Egg
Egg

Post by epappolla »

Sorry, I forgot toask you if I have to buy a light for my tank or it is not so necessary... Please let me know.
Thanks

Enrico
ChearpyTrice
Larva
Larva

Post by ChearpyTrice »

Hey ya
Tanks normally take about a 2weeks till a month to fully cycle & should have no ammonia or nitrate as theses will kill or harm ur fish or shrimp & some nitrite is fine & u can buy test kits or get ur water tested at ur local pet store. U can jump start this process by addin some of the water from the assistin tank & some gravel & some of the filter sponge all of which have the mature good bacteria in them & u can add a product that is good bacteria in a bottle & put some fish food in the tank the good bacteria will eat this & also a snail so the good bacteria will eat the poo & all this will help the new tank cycle quicker. Algae is the main diet of SuperShrimp (Opae Ula) so u will need a light for the algae to grow u can buy 1 off EBay really cheap & u can feed them till the algae has grown about every 2 weeks till the algae has grown than once the algae starts to grow every month & don't over feed them or it will pollute the water & u will kill them & only give them enough that they eat in a few minutes. Did u read my post on the SuperShrimp Forum about Setin Up A BrackishWater Tank For SuperShrimp by ChearpyTrice ? as I said it will really help.
Tar tar Patrice
epappolla
Egg
Egg

Post by epappolla »

Hi Patrice,

thanks for these information. I have read your old post too.
Could you suggest me a good product to add bacteria in my tank?
Is there something specifically good for the opae ula?
Thanks and best regards

Enrico
ChearpyTrice
Larva
Larva

Post by ChearpyTrice »

Hey ya
I use Stability by Seachem for good bacteria. Wat do u mean by is there something specifically good for Opae Ula where u talkin about the good bacteria or something else ?
Tar tar Patrice
epappolla
Egg
Egg

Post by epappolla »

Hi Patrice,

I was referring about what you said, I mean a good brand :-)
One more question, I have an artificial light for this tank.
I am thinking to run it for 12 hours as Mustafa is suggesting by his guide.
May I leave the tank in my diningroom or Do I need to put it in a darker area of my home?
Please let me know.
Thanks and best regards

Enrico
ChearpyTrice
Larva
Larva

Post by ChearpyTrice »

Hey ya Enrico
Ur dinnin room is fine as the r very active & friendly but buy ur Opae Ula a Lava Rock 2 put in there so they can hide is they like & they like 2 hide when breedin but make sure u wash the Lava Rock in a bucket of Rock Salt before putin it in the tank & Rock Salt is safe don't use any thing else or u will kill them.
Tar tar Patrice
epappolla
Egg
Egg

Post by epappolla »

Dear Patrice,

thanks a lot again.

What about the water PH (water acidity)? Which PG is good for the opae ula?
Please let me know again.
Best regards
Enrico
epappolla
Egg
Egg

Post by epappolla »

I mean PH not PG :-) sorry thanks
epappolla
Egg
Egg

Post by epappolla »

My PH now is 8.7.
What do you think?
Thanks and best regards

Enrico
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

I'm not sure how you got to 8.7, but it should be ok. Most artificial salt mixes end up producing a ph of about 8.2. These shrimp don't really care about ph as long as it's not too extreme (like Ph 10 or something).