Moving Supershrimp across country

A forum for discussing everything about the Supershrimp (Halocaridina rubra, Opae ula).

Moderator: Mustafa

ginatonics
Egg
Egg

Moving Supershrimp across country

Post by ginatonics »

Hello- I'm new here and I have a Ecosphere with a little shrimp in it that I've have had for almost 7 years. I'm moving back cross country and "sally" the shrimp ( )made it out to the East coast via movers but this time I kept her with me while my stuff was shipped (it's going into storage) and I fly home in 3 weeks. Doesn't look like they'll let me bring it on the plane in my purse and I'd hate to just hand it off to someone here, since I've had it for so long. I'm worried about mailing her or packing her in my luggage. Would it survive? and which method might be a better chance? Please help!!
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Moving Supershrimp across country

Post by Mustafa »

You can move the shrimp in your checked luggage. It should be just fine. Just make sure that you put your clothing around it in a way that it is cushioned and held in place so it does not bet thrown around and has a chance to break.
ginatonics
Egg
Egg

Re: Moving Supershrimp across country

Post by ginatonics »

Mustafa wrote:You can move the shrimp in your checked luggage. It should be just fine. Just make sure that you put your clothing around it in a way that it is cushioned and held in place so it does not bet thrown around and has a chance to break.

Thank you!