Are Endler's Livebearers safe with shrimp

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Luis
Egg
Egg

Are Endler's Livebearers safe with shrimp

Post by Luis »

Are Endler's Livebearers safe with shrimp such as Malawa Shrimp and Caridina sulawesi?

I ask this as not sure if the endlers would wind up as food .

Thanks
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Re: Are Endler's Livebearers safe with shrimp

Post by Mustafa »

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you are asking if the Endler's are going to be eaten by the shrimp, then the answer is: absolutely not! Shrimp do not (and cannot) eat any healthy live animal really, except microscopic ones. The other way round may be an issue if there are no hiding spaces for the shrimp and the Endler's are not used to having shrimp around. I have colonies of wild type guppies and Endler's living together with shrimp without a problem, but the shrimp have tons of places to hide (like java moss etc.) and even then I'm sure a few babies here and there get eaten by the fish. The fish don't bother adults and reasonably sized juvies.
Luis
Egg
Egg

Post by Luis »

"I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you are asking if the Endler's are going to be eaten by the shrimp, then the answer is: absolutely not!"

Thank you that was my question.

I actually emailed when I found your sales site which has them and few days later decided to post in forum.

Is your site current, still selling ?

If so will order today.
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

Yes, the store is up to date and running, I just get tons of emails and it takes me a while sometimes to respond. Same with forum questions. When I saw your forum post I decided to reply to it instead of the email as, in a forum setting, the answer to your question will benefit other people, too,
Luis wrote: Is your site current, still selling ?
Luis
Egg
Egg

Post by Luis »

Thank you I just ordered.